[vtk-developers] VTK modularization: initial pass at new modules

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:16:54 EST 2011

Ok no worries, keep with the minimal dependency approach. Things will be
much cleaner in the end.

Regards
  Andrew

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell <
marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Andrew Maclean
> <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Marcus,
> >    Firstly congratulations to you all on a brilliant first effort.
> > One minor change, could I suggest moving:
> > [Filters/Sources]
> >
> > Graphics/vtkParametricFunctionSource.cxx:
> > Graphics/vtkParametricFunctionSource.h:
> >

> > To:
> > [Core/ComputationalGeometry]
> > Logically vtkParametricFunctionSource belongs with the rest of the
> > vtkParametric classes.
>
> This is one case where it would be nice to keep it where it is. The
> Core/ComputationalGeometry module should only depend on Core/Core
> right now, but if we made this move then it would also depend on
> Core/ExecutionModel. Filters/Sources would of course link to
> Core/ExecutionModel, and to Core/ComputationalGeometry if necessary.
>
> That said I have not gotten this far with the build system, but I
> think it would be nice to keep the minimal dependency set for
> ComputationalGeometry if this is feasible.
>
> Marcus

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR)
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
AUSTRALIA
Ph: +61 2 9351 3283