[vtk-developers] vtkArrayCalculator / vtkFunctionParser

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:16:28 EDT 2011

Hi Berk,
   If it is not too much work I would think it could be a very useful
addition. It could interface nicely with any qt interfaces being developed
by users.

Regards
   Andrew

> See these:
>
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Python_Calculator
> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/Python_Programmable_Filter
>
> The classes used to implement these are:
>
> vtkPythonCalculator and vtkPythonProgrammableFilter
>
> in the ParaView repository.
>
> The Python modules used are:
>
> dataset_adapter.py
> algorithms.py
>
> in the ParaView repository.
>
> If there is interest within the VTK community in this functionality,
> moving these to VTK is relatively easy (but not trivial).
>
> -berk
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Dominik Szczerba <dominik at itis.ethz.ch>
> wrote:
> > That sounds very interesting! I assume you refer to the git version.
> > Which files are these exactly?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Dominik
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi Dominik,
> >>
> >> For ParaView, we have been developing a Python (NumPy + VTK) based
> >> calculator that is independent of vtkArrayCalculator. The main
> >> advantages are that it is more efficient and easily extensible using
> >> Python. Does this address your needs?
> >>
> >> -berk

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR)
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
AUSTRALIA
Ph: +61 2 9351 3283