[vtk-developers] vtkAppendFilter: different behaviour between 5.4.2 and 5.6.1

victor sv victorsv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 06:43:37 EDT 2011

Hello all,

we are using VTK in our software developing.
We have found different behaviour using VTK-5.4.2 and VTK-5.6.1 in
vtkAppendFilter object when we represent discontinuities between several
meshes and fields.
In VTK-5.6.1 seems that the field visualization ignore some values when
there are some shared points by several meshes. In VTK-5.4.2 it works fine.

We attached two files to desmonstrate this behavior among versions (with
vtkWarpScalar).

I wonder how this will work in future versions of VTK.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks.

Víctor.