[vtk-developers] A new way to look at images

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jan 31 17:11:33 EST 2011

David I am really impressed. I think this can be really cool, I like the way
it is beginning to pan out.

It seems most of your questions relate to rendering, for example you raise
questions about shading, LOD, 3D texture and so on. What are your plans for
addressing these questions?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:39 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've added a wiki page on my proposal for a new image prop class
> and a reslice mapper.  All feedback is welcome.  It'll be a week or
> two before the code is ready to be posted on gerrit.
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Image_Rendering_Classes
>
>  - David

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.