[vtk-developers] Graceful OpenGL test failures?

David Partyka david.partyka at kitware.com
Tue Jan 18 15:57:20 EST 2011

My Vote would be to feel free to exclude them. What often happens is that
the extension manager checks for the required extension and the driver
claims to properly support the functionality but in fact the driver doesn't
correctly implement the feature/we're using it incorrectly/or the driver is
flat out lying and doesn't support the feature at all. This makes
implementing a graceful way to detect lack of support for these gl
extensions very tricky.