[vtk-developers] Graceful OpenGL test failures?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jan 18 15:48:11 EST 2011

Hi all,

For years now, there are VTK tests that fail on some GPUs.  Previously,
on our dashboard machines, we added them to the exclude list.  Rogue3 uses:

"^TestGenericVertexAttributesGLSL|^TestBlurAndSobelPasses|
^TestGaussianBlurPass|^TestShadowMapPass|^TestSobelGradientMagnitudePass|
^TestTStripsColorsTCoords|^TestTStripsNormalsColorsTCoords"

I was going to add to that TestProjectedHexahedra and
TestSmartVolumeMapperWindowLevel because they always fail too:
<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=827790>

François was going to add some code so that tests could 'fail
gracefully' if the GPU did not have the necessary features.  That would
be really nice, is it on anyone's radar?  Should I exclude these test
anyway in the meantime?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com