[vtk-developers] Announcement: generate XML descriptions of VTK classes

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:43:49 EST 2011

Hi all,

I originally announced this project back in May, but I've made a
number of improvements over the last few weeks and thought it
would be worth mentioning again.

I have a tool on github for converting VTK .h files into xml:
http://github.com/dgobbi/WrapVTK
Recently I updated the xml formatting to make it more compact,
and also updated the cmake files and fixed some bugs.

The XML goes beyond what the current VTK wrappers do, in
that it keeps all template information, and it gathers Get/Set
methods according to what properties they modify.  I've also
started working on writing all the default property values into
the xml (it already gives all default method parameter values).

Cheers,

   David