[vtk-developers] VTK Problem with vtkGlyph3D and vtkPolyData

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:29:12 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:24 AM, meriadegp <mperrine at sophia.inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I've got a problem with me glyph :
>   First I had to replace all my point put into a vtkPolyData (with
> SetPoints Method) by somes sphere.
> That why i uses a vtkGlyph3d to use the SetSource Method and after creating
> à Sphere and associate it to the Glyph.
> In my Graphic windows i had the good result : Point representing by Sphère.
>
>  But After I had to join the Sphere between them by some lines. So I create
> my lines and add it by the Method SetLines of vtkPolyData. My problèm is the
> lines doesn't appear on the screen !
> And when I do the same without Glyph, i have the good result(whithout
> sphère), points linking by lines
>
>  Can Someone help me ?
>
> One Crucial point is with glyph i connect the PolyData to the Glyph and
> connect the Glyph to the mapper.
> And without Glyph, the polyData is connect directly to the mapper
>
> Someone said me I need to create two separate actor now. it's the only way ?
>
> Mériadeg

If it works with two separate actors, then you could always use
vtkAppendPolyData to combine the inputs to the two mappers and then
use a single mapper/actor.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filters/CombinePolydata

If that doesn't work - if you could send the shortest compilable code
that demonstrates the problem that would be helpful.

Also, this question is more appropriate for the vtk-users list. The
vtk-developers list is for questions about the inner works of VTK
classes.

David