[vtk-developers] VTK Problem with vtkGlyph3D and vtkPolyData

meriadegp mperrine at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Jan 11 08:24:37 EST 2011

Hi,

 I've got a problem with me glyph :
   First I had to replace all my point put into a vtkPolyData (with
SetPoints Method) by somes sphere.
That why i uses a vtkGlyph3d to use the SetSource Method and after creating
à Sphere and associate it to the Glyph.
In my Graphic windows i had the good result : Point representing by Sphère.

  But After I had to join the Sphere between them by some lines. So I create
my lines and add it by the Method SetLines of vtkPolyData. My problèm is the
lines doesn't appear on the screen !
And when I do the same without Glyph, i have the good result(whithout
sphère), points linking by lines

 Can Someone help me ?

One Crucial point is with glyph i connect the PolyData to the Glyph and
connect the Glyph to the mapper.
And without Glyph, the polyData is connect directly to the mapper

Someone said me I need to create two separate actor now. it's the only way ?

Mériadeg