[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] volume rendering using CPU instead of GPU

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Jan 10 11:50:37 EST 2011

David :

I have been looking at the mac issues as well, in addition to ATI. My
commits fix these on the mac, without shading.. I verified this a few days
ago.

I submitted a dashboard<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=813988>from
my Macbook 10.5.8 (Leopard) after the fixes ~4days ago.

  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=813988

My machine has an NVidia GeForce
9400M<http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400m_g_us.html>after
bypassing the explicit "disable GPURayCast on
mac" code. This is an integrated video card, that uses at least using 256MB
of the main system memory.

The following fail (all have shading enabled on the volume property)

TestGPURayCastCompositeBinaryMask<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=11&name=TestGPURayCastCompositeBinaryMask&date=2010-12-31>
TestGPURayCastCompositeShadeMask<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=11&name=TestGPURayCastCompositeShadeMask&date=2010-12-31>
TestGPURayCastCropping<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=11&name=TestGPURayCastCropping&date=2010-12-31>

while these pass (None of these have shading enabled on the volume property)
:

TestGPURayCastCompositeMask<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=11&name=TestGPURayCastCompositeMask&date=2010-12-31>
TestGPURayCastCompositeMaskBlend<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=11&name=TestGPURayCastCompositeMaskBlend&date=2010-12-31>
TestGPURayCastMIPBinaryMask<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=11&name=TestGPURayCastMIPBinaryMask&date=2010-12-31>