[vtk-developers] Renderization issues with Qt/VTK on Windows 7 platform

Wagner Sales wsales at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 11:56:06 EST 2011

Hi all,
Recently I've ported an application from Linux to Windows 7. This
application basically uses Qt and VTK ( both are latest version ). In
X11 ( Linux ), the application works like a charm. In Windows, some
strange behaviors occurs especially on QVTKWidget: when I hide one or
more QVTKWidget ( a quad view in a DICOM exam, for example ) and show
a QVTKWidget with a volume, for example, the widget are shown simply
are transparent, showing the contents of the windows that are behind,
for example a WordPad windowuntil it is completely rendered.
In other cases, when I go back to quadview, not all widgets are
rendered, and in other cases, the content of these can be rendered
inanother: for example, the content of the widget that shows a
sagittal view can be rendered on coronal widget, or appears two axial
contents and one sagittal. If I have some Qt control designed on the
render window, for example to calls a popup menu, and the application
are busy, if I move the window, this controls will not be repainted
properly.
All of this problems occurs on the same machine with I run the
application on X11 without problems. If I change the machine for a
more and more powerful machine, the problems tends to minimize until
disappears on the more powerfull machine.
I think may be are some dirty cache in some place, but I don't have any idea.
I know may be the information present in this mail will not be
sufficient to help, then just ask. I'll be very proud to help. I can
simply change the machine, but I think this will not the solution for
others users if fall in the same problem.

Regards,

Wagner Sales