[vtk-developers] Attempting topic merge

Glenn Faken glenn.faken at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:34:39 EST 2011

Yup already ran that script it outputs:

 Configuring push urls...

> Checking basic user information...
>
> Your commits will have the following author:
>

>>   Glenn Faken <glenn.faken at gmail.com>
>

>> Is the author name and email address above correct? [Y/n] y
>

>> Setting up git hooks...
>
> Pulling the hooks...
>
> From ..
>
>  * remote-tracking branch origin/hooks -> FETCH_HEAD
>
> Already up-to-date.
>
> Done.
>

>> Setting up the topic stage...
>
> Topic stage remote was already configured.
>
> Do you want to test push access for VTK? [y/N]: y
>
> Configuring push urls...
>
> Testing ssh capabilities...
>
> Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

> Failure during topic stage setup.
>
> ---------------------------------
>

>> SSH test to git at vtk.org failed. You may need to request access at:
>

>> https://www.kitware.com/Admin/SendPassword.cgi
>

>> Note that push access to the stage/VTK is separate to Gerrit.

Afterwards I tried the 'git gerrit-push' command and I get:

$ git gerrit-push

git: 'gerrit-push' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.

Now I'm doing this through gitbash on a win7 machine so I'm not sure if
there are some some limitations there.

P.S. It looks like I found out what the problem was. When I ran the script
the first time it asked if I wanted git commands to be global I entered y
but I guess it didn't take because it is supposed to create an alias
gerrit-push. Not sure if its the git bash issue or something else but I
found it on this page as a "side note".
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop and this is the alias code
http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=Utilities/DevelopmentSetupScripts/SetupGitAliases.sh;hb=HEAD
which
makes it do the other command that I found.

Glenn Faken