[vtk-developers] GUISupport in vtkRendering

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Feb 16 16:52:01 EST 2011

Hi Tom,

We started (well, sort of) a project aimed at restructuring VTK for
the purpose of better modularization. This would definitely be one of
the things to address there. One of my objectives is to get rid of
changes to library contents based on configuration options. In my
opinion, if I turn on an option, I should get a new library rather
than an existing library with more classes. Btw, I suspect that the Qt
dependency in Rendering is for font rendering so I don't think that
libvtkGUI would be appropriate.

-ber