[vtk-developers] GUISupport in vtkRendering

tom fogal tfogal at sci.utah.edu
Wed Feb 16 16:43:00 EST 2011

We were investigating switching to the Qt stuff in GUISupport/ instead
of some no-longer-maintained code that we hack every now and again to
keep working.

However it seems when one enables this, Qt gets linked into
libvtkRendering.so.  We have some programs that do rendering without a
GUI, and we are not willing to link in Qt or even have it as a build
dependency for that part of our software.

Any thoughts on a `libvtkGUI.so' or similar library?

-tom