[vtk-developers] Warning in vtkExtractSelectedIds

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:44:45 EST 2011

The more that I look at it, the more convinced I am that the outer loop
is not even supposed to be there.

 860         for (vtkIdType j = 0; j < input->GetNumberOfPoints(); j++)

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Graphics/vtkExtractSelectedIds.cxx;hb=ecbbf7f7#l860

Take a look at the commit where this line was added:
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=commitdiff;h=7030e24d#patch5

You have to scroll down some to see the line, but when this line was
first added it was missing curly braces and it really looks as if the
whole line is just a big typo.

 - David