[vtk-developers] Strange repo happenings with vtkOpenGLProjectedTetrahedraMapper

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Dec 22 11:13:55 EST 2011

Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.
(518) 881-4937

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Bill,
>>
>> Are you saying that commits of yours that were in master are no longer
>> in master?
>>
>> Or is something missing in gerrit?
>>
> Dave,
>
> I can see what Bill means, if you look at commit 484a24c you can see
> that vtkOpenGLProjectedTetrahedraMapper had the vtkstd stuff removed,
> and that commit was merged. If you look at the commits that touched
> the file,
>
> git log -p VolumeRendering/vtkOpenGLProjectedTetrahedraMapper.cxx
>
> You cannot see that commit applied to the file anymore. I am guessing
> it got clobbered when a conflict was resolved by Utkarsh.

As a follow up, issuing the following will show you the merge and how
it resolved the conflict,

git show -m 174c39e87636ed58203999fc278851bc01abc4f2

You can see it just picked the wrong side of the change. Hope that
makes it clearer, even if the log output might be a little less clear
than we would like.

Marcus