[vtk-developers] Removing the vtkstd headers from VTK master - using STL directly

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Dec 13 11:49:12 EST 2011

Hi,

I just pushed a topic to reviewtest that removes vtkstd from VTK. For
testing purposes I removed the generation of vtkstd altogether, but
that could be modified.

http://reviewtest.source.kitware.com:81/#/t/31/

This seems to compile for me, and was done largely using a Python
script and a little regex. Are there objections to me merging this
topic in? Should the vtkstd headers be generated for legacy purposes,
I know at least ParaView (which I can fix) is using vtkstd in some
places.

I could also use some pointers from David Gobbi, as I suspect what I
did to the wrapper code was not quite right.

Thanks,

Marcus