[vtk-developers] VTK build with tcl/tk

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Sat Apr 9 00:29:19 EDT 2011

I get this error when building VTK with tcl wrapping, using the latest
downloadable tcl/tk. (ActiveState ActiveTcl 8.6.0.0.294318 Beta 5 - Feb 04,
2011)

2>..\..\..\src\VTK\Common\vtkTclUtil.cxx(493) : error C2039: 'errorLine' :
is not a member of 'Tcl_Interp'
2>        C:\Tcl\include\tcl.h(472) : see declaration of 'Tcl_Interp'

The code fragment in tcl.h is listed below. Should we be compiling VTK with
-DUSE_INTERP_ERRORLINE ?

typedef struct Tcl_Interp {
    /* TIP #330: Strongly discourage extensions from using the string
     * result. */
#ifdef USE_INTERP_RESULT
    char *result; /* If the last command returned a string
 * result, this points to it. */
    void (*freeProc) (char *blockPtr);
/* Zero means the string result is statically
 * allocated. TCL_DYNAMIC means it was
 * allocated with ckalloc and should be freed
 * with ckfree. Other values give the address
 * of function to invoke to free the result.
 * Tcl_Eval must free it before executing next
 * command. */
#else
    char *unused3;
    void (*unused4) (char *);
#endif
#ifdef USE_INTERP_ERRORLINE
    int errorLine; /* When TCL_ERROR is returned, this gives the
 * line number within the command where the
 * error occurred (1 if first line). */
#else
    int unused5;
#endif