[vtk-developers] git gerrit-merge?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Apr 6 14:22:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not support gerrit-merge in VTK?

It could be added, no one has asked for it. If there are no objections
then I can add it into the script, but it would perhaps be confusing
were VTK to start using next (which branch would it merge to). The
gerrit-merge alias just calls stage-push and then stage-merge, you
could also add it locally very easily.

Would you then want the documentation updating, and have that become
the preferred route? I think I remember speaking to someone about this
previously who said they would prefer it to be explicit that the alias
was dealing with the stage, but can't remember who that was now (or
find the email).

Marcus