[vtk-developers] Google Summer of Code 2011 project

Stéphane Marchesin stephane.marchesin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:58:43 EDT 2011

2011/4/5 Fábio Markus Miranda <fabiom at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a Computer Science M.Sc. student at PUC-Rio, and researcher at
> Tecgraf lab at PUC-Rio, and I'm submitting a project to the Google
> Summer of Code 2011 program proposing an AMR Volumetric Rendering for
> VTK.
>
> My thesis subject is volumetric rendering of unstructured hexahedral
> meshes, so that would be a great opportunity to develop something
> really useful to an open source project and so similar to my thesis.
>
> I submitted an early version of my proposal to Google-Melange, with a
> description, timeline and full personal background:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/fabiom/1
>
> A final version of my proposal will be submitted by the end of the week.
>
> Any comment would be really helpful. :)

That sounds cool! I have a number of ideas to improve the current code
that's in VTK for that, keep meaning to do it, but haven't gotten to
it yet. Basically there are simple ways to add shading and improve the
quality of the current version. I'm not sure if that fits within your
proposal but that's always nice to have.

Stéphane