[vtk-developers] interface elements

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 5 04:03:54 EDT 2011

Andreas,

You might like to consider creating separate unstructured grids for your elements depending on their visual display characteristics. For example, a mass element could be shown as a sphere with diameter proportional to the mass. Actors for each sub grid can then be added to a prop collection or assembly. You can also make each grid share the same points and point data even though they will be "oversize" for the sub grids. However, this does lead to greater programming complexity.

If any of your point data is discontinuous, for example, stress components between dissimilar materials, you should ponder this problem at an early stage.

John.