[vtk-developers] VTK Modularization: ITK tree layout

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:01:07 EDT 2011

The use of ${ITK_LIBRARIES} rather than specific libs has helped our big
applications during the transition. I suggest that VTK add a VTK_LIBRARIES
in the planned release, even before modularization. ITK has always had this
variable, so it can be added to apps that want to support both old and new
ITK's. Unfortunately, VTK has not defined this cmake variable in the past.

Bill