[vtk-developers] VTK Modularization: ITK tree layout

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Apr 4 13:39:39 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> After several iterations, ITK has come to a consensus on a tree layout for
> modularization. Although the specific subdir names may be different, a
> similar layout might be appropriate for VTK.

I have been following this (and was talking with Brad about this
change a few weeks ago). I have been away for the last couple of weeks
at conferences, but am now back and will be catching up on anything I
missed. I think we always had a similar layout, with a question of
whether something like Modules at the top level was required or not.

I got something building the Common/Core before I left, but it wasn't
quite ready to push anywhere. I will see if I can get that moving
again (it is using an adapted form of much of the CMake code in ITK
for building modular ITK).

Marcus