[vtk-developers] KdTree FindPointsWithinRadius

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:35:25 EDT 2010

> If you want code to be reviewed, you must make the code easy to
> review.  Give an http link to github that shows the changes as a
> single diff.  Or provide a singe patchfile in "unified" style (though
> a github link would be preferable to me, at least).
>
> But in my opinion, interface methods like this should be added to
> vtkPointLocator, not to its subclasses.  But even then, the small
> convenience that this method adds is not enough for me to approve of
> its addition.
>
>  David

I agree that it should be easy to review, but it must also be easy to
make easy to review.

The changes were not made to a subclass, they were made to
vtkAbstractPointLocator.

Why is everyone so against convenience functions? They make things
convenient (read "easy", "intuitive", "clean") to use by definition...

David