[vtk-developers] vtkImageReslice performance questions/improvemnts

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Sep 21 19:51:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:47:12 -0600, David Gobbi said:

>That #if was originally for Itanium, but should work on most (maybe
>all?) 64-bit platforms, as long as they can efficiently convert double
>to 64-bit int.  In other words, looks good to me!

I had wondered if it was endian dependent.  So you're saying it should
work for ppc64 too then?  Though IIRC, int<->float is slow on ppc...

I have only tried x86_64 so far, and Instruments confirms it's faster
(not surprisingly).

>But maybe I should push it...

Sure!

>it also needs to use "vtkTypeInt64"
>instead of "long long" or some compilers will choke.

Are such compilers still supported?  Or was that only needed for the old
borland and VS versions?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com