[vtk-developers] Fwd: Charts regressions

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 15:24:32 EDT 2010

Sorry, I did mean to send this to arb at vtk.org. gmail was overly agressive.

Bill

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 3:23 PM
Subject: Charts regressions
To: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com>
Cc: arb at vtk.org

Marcus,

I noticed a while back on the wiki examples that the y axis label does
not fit on the window for vtk charts. I'm not sure when this
regression occurred since we don't update VTK every night.

I looked at the VTKData git repository. On 8/23, many Charts baselines
were changed.

Please compare this baseline:
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestScatterPlot.png;hb=e293ebc8db06c21a574f42911b27b9b8c92c6a95
with this baseline
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTKData.git;a=blob;f=Baseline/Charts/TestScatterPlot.png;hb=fcdb83896ab1de8ec8efcb10bf5a079f2c7219f7

The former looks correct to me. The Y-Axis lies completely in the
window, while the later looks wrong to me. The Y-Axis label is
truncated.

This occurs consistently on all of the baselines that hav ea Y-Axis labe;.

Bill