[vtk-developers] ANN: Deprecation/removal of Qt-based charts in VTK

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Oct 15 13:31:33 EDT 2010

Qt stuff has never built by default, I have added a new CMake option (OFF by
default) to build the Qt charts. They will not be built by default, but will
remain in VTK for the next minor release (5.8?). I will remove them in the
minor release after that, hopefully this is a reasonable compromise.

Customers using this code can quite easily consume this into their own
codebase if they do not wish to migrate. This code is unlikely to be
developed any further, do we have a method of marking each of these classes
as deprecated?

Marcus