[vtk-developers] Namespaces on the wiki

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Oct 12 17:43:35 EDT 2010

Bill,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Marcus,
>
> Just looking at the recently changed pages, here is one
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/List_of_filters
>
> It is paraview specific. It should be called:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Paraview/List_of_filters

I see what you mean - in this case it is a new book project Sebastien is
working on - he will move these.

> Unfortunately, there are hundreds of misnamed pages. All projects are
> guilty.
>
> ITK v4 minutes for example:
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Minutes_101210

We can ask them to change future pages, and possibly do a mass move at some
point.

> For the Wiki examples, we have gone through and renamed the offending
> files. We are pretty consistent using
> Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx ...
>
> We chose the use of /'s since it aids in navigation.

I thought that this was the established convention.

> Marcus, you seem to almost always follow the / convention. ( I checked
> your contribs).
>
> I'm certain if we adopt a naming convention (like the VTK wiki
> examples, since we have over 600 of them) that others will gladly
> start following it.

I think so, Sebastien will change the ParaView book ones. It does make the
page titles a little ugly, but sharing a wiki instance means we certainly
need to be careful about the naming of pages.

Thanks,

Marcus

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell