[vtk-developers] Namespaces on the wiki

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 17:34:36 EDT 2010

Marcus,

Just looking at the recently changed pages, here is one
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/List_of_filters

It is paraview specific. It should be called:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Paraview/List_of_filters

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of misnamed pages. All projects are guilty.

ITK v4 minutes for example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Minutes_101210

For the Wiki examples, we have gone through and renamed the offending
files. We are pretty consistent using
Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx ...

We chose the use of /'s since it aids in navigation.

Marcus, you seem to almost always follow the / convention. ( I checked
your contribs).

I'm certain if we adopt a naming convention (like the VTK wiki
examples, since we have over 600 of them) that others will gladly
start following it.

Bill