[vtk-developers] vtkContextMouseEvent.h enum not wrapped?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Nov 23 11:18:44 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Hey Marcus,
>
> Thanks for the explanation. I am implementing a simple ivar for setting the mouse button assignments in vtkChartXY and was testing in Python, so I was going to use the enum values. Now I've gotten spoiled by David G's nice enum wrapping!
>
> As a side note, I'm planning on submitting a few changes to Gerrit for functions I'd like to see in the common code (because they're not easy to do in sub-classes) so I don't have to keep carrying around a bunch of little VTK mods to get my apps to work the way I need them to.
>
> 1. Ivar to set mouse button function assignments in vtkChartXY
> 2. Change paint order in vtkPlotPoints so selection highlights don't get covered up when there is over-plotting of the standard markers (paint order then will be the same as in parallel coordinates).
> 3. Break out vtkChartXY tooltip set info call so it's not hard-coded (buried) in LocatePointInPlots and can be overridden in sub-classes.
> 4. Maybe a Set for selection highlight color in vtkPlotPoints
>
> Let me know if any of these sound totally unreasonable and I won't bother.

These all sound quite reasonable, and I am currently working on other
things. I should have time to review and integrate them once they are
ready, and certainly appreciate your contributions. Another thing I
had been considering is pulling some more of the objects out of the
opaque ChartPrivate class, and putting it into protected so that it
could be reused from inherited classes.

Add me as a reviewer once you push some of this and I will take a look
at it. It sounds like you could try what David suggested, and I would
be happy to merge that as part of the commit to add the ivars to
Chart. I would prefer the ivars in Chart if that makes sense for the
other chart types (I think it does).

Thanks,

Marcus