[vtk-developers] vtkContextMouseEvent.h enum not wrapped?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Nov 23 11:14:02 EST 2010

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for the explanation. I am implementing a simple ivar for setting the mouse button assignments in vtkChartXY and was testing in Python, so I was going to use the enum values. Now I've gotten spoiled by David G's nice enum wrapping!

As a side note, I'm planning on submitting a few changes to Gerrit for functions I'd like to see in the common code (because they're not easy to do in sub-classes) so I don't have to keep carrying around a bunch of little VTK mods to get my apps to work the way I need them to.

1. Ivar to set mouse button function assignments in vtkChartXY
2. Change paint order in vtkPlotPoints so selection highlights don't get covered up when there is over-plotting of the standard markers (paint order then will be the same as in parallel coordinates).
3. Break out vtkChartXY tooltip set info call so it's not hard-coded (buried) in LocatePointInPlots and can be overridden in sub-classes.
4. Maybe a Set for selection highlight color in vtkPlotPoints

Let me know if any of these sound totally unreasonable and I won't bother.

Thanks,
-Eric