[vtk-developers] error compiling against vtk-5.7

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 19:05:51 EST 2010

Hi Dean,

The IF(VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR) needs to be there for compatibility with
older versions of VTK that do not export this variable, so it's better
not to comment it out.  Getting rid of the IF(VTK_WRAP_TCL) is fine,
though.

  David

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Dean Inglis <dean.inglis at camris.ca> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I added
> INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES("${VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR}" "${VTK_TK_INCLUDE_DIR}")
> to the root CMakeLists.txt of KWWidgets and now compile proceeds.
> Thanks!  Hopefully someone maintaining KWWidgets will follow up.
>
> around line 256:
> if(KWWidgets_BUILD_VTK_WIDGETS)
>  if(NOT VTK_USE_TK)
>   message(FATAL_ERROR "Please set VTK_USE_TK to ON in VTK for
> KWWidgets_BUILD_VTK_WIDGETS to be ON as well.")
>  endif(NOT VTK_USE_TK)
>  #IF(VTK_WRAP_TCL)
>  #IF(VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR)
>   INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES("${VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR}" "${VTK_TK_INCLUDE_DIR}")
>  #ENDIF(VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR)
>  #ENDIF(VTK_WRAP_TCL)
>
> etc etc
>
> Dean
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Gobbi" <david.gobbi at gmail.com>

>>> vtkKWApplicationTcl.cxx
>>> D:\Developer\Releases\VS\STATIC\Install\include\vtk-5.7\vtkTcl.h(26) :
>>> fatal
>>> err
>>> or C1083: Cannot open include file: 'tcl.h': No such file or directory
>>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MID05A~1\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return
>>> code '0
>>> x2'
>>> Stop.
>>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
>>> 8\VC\BIN\n
>>> make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
>>> Stop.
>>> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
>>> 8\VC\BIN\n
>>> make.exe"' : return code '0x2'