[vtk-developers] error compiling against vtk-5.7

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 17:43:28 EST 2010

Hi Dean,

I think this is the result of a recent change that you can find here:
http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=commitdiff;h=a87ded9d
The Tcl, Python, MPI, etc. include directories are no longer lumped
together with VTK's internal include dirs.  Packages that depend on
VTK now have to explicitly add the following lines to their
CMakeLists.txt:

IF(VTK_WRAP_TCL)
  IF(VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR)
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES("${VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR}" "${VTK_TK_INCLUDE_DIR}")
  ENDIF(VTK_TCL_INCLUDE_DIR)
ENDIF(VTK_WRAP_TCL)

Ditto for VTK_PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR etcetera.  Hopefully someone
will update KWWidgets.

Overall this is a good change so I can understand why Kitware
did it, but many people that build wrapped packages on top of VTK
will have to modify their CMake scripts.

  David