[vtk-developers] question about vtkPolyDataMapper- relating coordinates to vtkPolyData coordinates

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 16:39:35 EST 2010

Hi Michel,

To show cracks in a model, a good method is to set the backface
property to a bright, uniform color:

actor->GetBackfaceProperty()->SetAmbient(1.0);
actor->GetBackfaceProperty()->SetColor(1.0, 1.0, 1.0);

By setting the ambient coefficent to 1.0, you illuminate the inside
surface without any need for a light source.

The answer to your original question is actor->GetMatrix().

  David