[vtk-developers] question about vtkPolyDataMapper- relating coordinates to vtkPolyData coordinates

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 15:42:10 EST 2010

Dear VTK developers,

I'd like to ask you about vtkPolyDataMapper and vtkPolyData coordinates. I'd
like to place a light source inside a brain model, to show with the light
that there is a slit there along one of the sulci. I have a precise position
in mind, in the vtkPolyData model, but I don't know how to relate that to
mapped coordinates of the rendered model.

Is it possible to get these latter coordinates through a suitable
transformation of the vtkPolyData coordinates?

Thanks for your kind support.

Best wishes,

Michel

--