[vtk-developers] Charts API: Color by LUT

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Nov 5 17:54:43 EDT 2010

Hey Marcus,

No problem -- I know you're busy. I'm basically just setting a LUT that the plot owns, and then passing an array of colors and using glColorPointer in an alternate DrawPointSprites routine to efficiently draw the points. I'm trying to keep the API as simple as possible, leaving the range setting, etc, in the LUT so it won't get as complicated as vtkMapper. I'll try extending it to the parallel coordinates plot since that's the other case I need, and then I'll try to push it to Gerrit for you to peruse.

I'm curious how you're integrating the color transfer function editor into your system. As long as you don't _have_ to use it to define a simple colormap for the scatter & pc plots, it sounds great. It would be nice to have a CTF editor outside of ParaView, and if it let's you also define the alpha map, that's very cool.

Good luck with your stuff and I'll talk to you later,
-Eric