[vtk-developers] Charts API: Color by LUT

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Nov 5 16:56:12 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,

Apologies for not getting back to you, I am busy preparing for a trip and getting some things finished up. I have some work getting ready for inclusion with 2D histograms, and they are colored by scalars. I was thinking about applying the same technique to scatter/line plots, but I am certainly interested in the approach you are using.

We have the color transfer function editor, and the approach I am using will tie in with that. I am not 100% clear on what you are doing, but would love to take a look. have a screenshot of my own on another system showing a 2D histogram colored by a scalar field. Do you want to push it to Gerrit at some point?

I have a backlog to get through, but would certainly like to get this functionality into the charts.

Marcus