[vtk-developers] Python Wrapping errors

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Nov 3 15:12:30 EDT 2010

>> I'm switching this thread from Titan over to the VTK mailing list since that's where I'm having problems with this Python wrapping issue.
>
> I announced this on the VTK developer list too.

Yeah, I see it now. At the time I just didn't realize the implications for my project.

>> Now that some system includes have been stripped out of the VTK_INCLUDE_DIRS variable, could you add the PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS variable to the VTKConfig.cmake file so the VTK-configured value can be used in external projects?
>>
> It is possible to add this to the VTKConfig, should the MPI include
> dir etc be added too? I could add a dump of all of the
> SYSTEM_INCLUDE_DIRS as a config variable, this might be the easiest in
> terms of porting effort if people want to use it.

I may not have a wide-enough vision to judge what would be best in general, but it does sound like a lumped SYSTEM_INCLUDE_DIRS would be easiest to implement and most flexible (as long as it doesn't hurt anything if you put more paths than you need in the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES() call in the CMakeLists.txt for an external project -- I'm ignorant about that...)

Thanks,
-Eric