[vtk-developers] How to contribute a change to vtkMetaImageReader ?

José Felipe Vargas Casadiego vargascasadiego at gmail.com
Mon May 31 08:50:43 EDT 2010

Hello,

I needed to read .mhd files and be able to take volumes of interest out of
them. With vtkMetaImageReader I could read these files and with
vtkImageReader I could obtain the volumes of interest (VOIs) at the expense
of having to manually configure the reader. Hence I decided to combine the
functionality of both in a new reader, 'till now simply called
vtkMyMetaImageReader, inheriting from vtkImageReader2. With it it's possible
to automatically read a .mhd file and then read subvolumes of it.

I'd like to know if it'd be possible to add this to vtk. I've checked the
website and I wasn't able to find a proper procedure to do it. Furthermore,
after a quick browse through the mailing lists I found out that apparently
it's by way of a third party that a lowly developer like me can change
something within vtk. Would it be possible that somebody is interested in
helping me out ?

I see that testcases must be provided. Just how exactly are these
implemented and provided ?

Thank you for your answers.

José Vargas Casadiego
Creatis
INSA de Lyon (France)

--
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling
expedients, of delays, is coming to its close. In its place we are entering