[vtk-developers] Git hierarchy formalization

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 19:14:49 EDT 2010

It seems to me for the git structure to work effectively a more formal
hierarchy must be setup. In the google tech talk Linus gave on git, he
described how he had 5 people whom he trusted that he would pretty
much blindly merge from. Each of those 5 people had a handful that
they trusted, and it trickled down. If this tree structure isn't
"officialized", we will have the same problem that we had before - the
people who didn't have cvs write access will write code in their
repository and it will never be looked at / merged.

Just my $.02.

David