[vtk-developers] build errors with recent changes on FindFFMPEG.cmake

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 25 10:48:59 EDT 2010

Hi Dave,

I have just updated and tried again, same errors:
[ 75%] Building CXX object IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIO.dir/vtkFFMPEGWriter.cxx.o
/home/ajg23/CVSROOT/VTK/IO/vtkFFMPEGWriter.cxx:25:30: error:
ffmpeg/avformat.h: No such file or directory
/home/ajg23/CVSROOT/VTK/IO/vtkFFMPEGWriter.cxx:32:30: error:
ffmpeg/swscale.h: No such file or directory
/home/ajg23/CVSROOT/VTK/IO/vtkFFMPEGWriter.cxx:57: error: ISO C++
forbids declaration of 'AVFormatContext' with no type

ffmpeg headers are installed as follows:

/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavformat/avformat.h
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavutil/avutil.h
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libswscale/swscale.h

They seem seem to be found during the cmake configuration time, which is
supposed to be for recent version of ffmpeg (It may be a wrong
assumption here).
The error sounds like it assume my system has an older version of ffmpeg...

Arnaud