[vtk-developers] Charts in VTK and ParaView

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Mar 9 09:49:02 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> Hey Marcus,
>
> Thanks for filling us in on the new Charts progress.
>
> I was going to try playing around with it today, but I tend to do my
> prototyping in Python and I found that with (today's) CVS VTK I couldn't
> access any of the new charts API classes.
>
> Are they not wrapped in Python, or is it likely I'm just doing something
> wrong?
>
> Hi Eric,

I will look into this, I know that they are wrapped in Python, but I think
there is a little bit of Python code I need to add in order to make it
follow the same semantics as other modules. How are you trying to import the
module in Python?

They are also exposed in ParaView (both marked experimental in the views
right now).

Thanks,

Marcus