[vtk-developers] compiling VTK+QT 4.6.3 cocoa from scratch

Nicolas Rannou nicolas_rannou at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 15 15:06:08 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have some issues building VTK with QT 4.6.3 cocoa.

I rebuilt QT 4.6.3 from scratch since I want to generate installation
packages for my application and that I'm not using XCode.
I configured QT with the following options: -cocoa -arch x86_64
It worked (no compilation/installation errors and everything looks fine)

Then I try to compile VTK (last version from git) with the usual
options. (including VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS =ON)

Then while compiling I get the following error:
(I tried to build it a few days ago and it was not working as well)

[ 26%] Built target vtkCommon
Linking CXX shared library ../../bin/libQVTKWidgetPlugin.dylib
[ 32%] Built target vtkQtChart
ld warning: in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.3/lib/QtCore.framework/
QtCore, file is not of required architecture
ld warning: in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.6.3/lib/QtGui.framework/
QtGui, file is not of required architecture
Undefined symbols:
   "QObject::connectNotify(char const*)", referenced from:
       vtable for QVTKPluginin moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx.o
       vtable for QVTKWidgetin moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx.o

But it looks like all the path are set properly and the architecture
has to be the good one.
Note that it works fine if I download the QT pre-build binaries but I
am not able to generate my installation package since QT has been
built with XCode.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

     Nicolas