[vtk-developers] Examples/Medical3 crash help

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Jan 5 13:27:21 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>wrote:

> On 1/1/10 2:22 PM, Dave Partyka said:
>
> >Those macs (Krondor, Midworld) don't use mesa but instead have really
> cruddy
> >ati hardware/drivers. I constantly end up disabling tests on those
> machines
> >as a result :-/.
>
> Those are both G5s, right?  Last I knew, they were running 10.3 or
> 10.4.  So one option would be to update them to 10.5 which has newer
> drivers.  Of course, if you want to test those old OSes, then you're
> stuck.

We do want to test those old OSes and we are stuck. Those machines will run
OSX 10.3.9 until they are retired from service...

> You might still run 'software update' from the Apple menu
> though, to make sure you have the newest minor version of the OS.

This would be good to double check, but I'm pretty sure it's now permanently
stuck on 10.3.9 -- these are probably the only two Macs in the world still
connected to the internet and running 10.3.9....