[vtk-developers] Cleanup of crufty code in vtkPicker

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:13:13 EST 2010

Hi All,

I'd like to do a little clean-up of vtkPicker so that the code and the
header documentation are in better agreement with each other.  There
is a chance that there could be some backwards compatibility problems,
but I think that the risk is very small.  The interface of the class
will not be changed.

So, here is the main adjustment:

Right now, the picker might invoke PickEvent for more than one prop
during the pick, and I don't think that this is correct behavior.  I
want to change the code so that the PickEvent is only invoked for the
front-most prop under the cursor.  Any objections?  This change will
not require modification to PointPicker or CellPicker, and should not
require modification to any third-party subclasses, either.

   David