[vtk-developers] ICP Enhancement - TooFarThreshold

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:42:43 EST 2010

I added a "TooFarThreshold" to vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform. This is a
standard modification to the ICP algorithm where not all points in set A are
assumed to have a reasonable/valid corresponding point in set B. This occurs
when aligning a partial surface with a complete surface, for example. It is
a simple modification - check the distance between each source landmark and
its alleged corresponding point before using them in the landmark transform.

I created a feature request for this long ago, so I just put the modified
files there:

Any volunteers to take a look so we can commit this? There should be no
backwards compatibility issues - if the TooFarThreshold is negative, the old
code runs (the default is -1.0).

Thanks,

David