[vtk-developers] Delaunay2D infinite recursion

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 23:41:07 EST 2010

Hi All,

I've written a clipping filter that uses constrained Delaunay to
triangulate the contours that result from the clipping.  The
vtkPolygon can triangulate these contours by ear-cut with no
difficulty at all, but vtkDelaunay gives me lots of warnings (Edge not
recovered, polygon fill suspect) and often crashes.  These contours of
mine have no interior points and about 10 unevenly-spaced points on
the perimeter.

Below is one of the data sets that causes Delaunay2D to crash on my
Linux64 gcc-4.2 system.  Specifically,  FindTriangle() goes into
infinite recursion.  Can anyone confirm this?  I've also written a
python program that displays the problem data and runs delaunay on the
data.

   David