[vtk-developers] vtkExodusIIReader.GetExodusModel() always returns NULL

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 14:57:05 EST 2010

I was actually concerned about reading an Exodus file and throwing
away information. As the documentation says:

"There is a great deal of model information lost when an Exodus II
file is read in to a vtkMultiBlockDataSet."

It is then advised to store the data in an ExodusModel.

What would be very helpful for me is a pointer to example code that
reads and Exodus file, and writes it out to VTK without loss of
information (and/or the other way around).

Cheers,
Nico