[vtk-developers] Cocoa render window and mouse move events

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 23:40:41 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:21:40 -0400, Marcus D. Hanwell said:
>
>>I wonder if Python somehow sidesteps this, hence Eric's observation.
>
> Could it be that in the Python case it's not VTK that creates the NSWindow?

I think that "sidestep" is an accurate description of what is going
on.  This is from Apple's python man page:

"As of Python 2.5, python and pythonw are interchangeable; both
execute Python in the context of an application bundle, which means
they have access to the Graphical User Interface; thus both can, when
properly programmed, display windows, dialogs, etc."

  David