[vtk-developers] Doxygen for vtkArrayPrint (and similar cases)

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 20:18:28 EDT 2010

I came across a function called vtkPrintMatrixFormat. When I grep-ed for it,
I found that it was in vtkArrayPrint.h. When I searched this page:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classes.html

I was confused to not find vtkArrayPrint. It turns out it is because there
is no actual class called vtkArrayPrint, but rather the file vtkArrayPrint.h
has three functions in the global namespace. I think these should still get
included in the Doxygen.

I added

// .NAME vtkArrayPrint - Print arrays in different formats

to the top of the file and

/// \relates vtkArrayPrint

to the top of each function description. Doing this produces Doxygen that
looks reasonable to me. Any objections to doing this in this type of
situation?

Thanks,

David